Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm counting the days, and if they even get CLOSE to forty. . .


Well there was a gap of 3 hours in about 36 of rain here in Hà Nội. Now it's not the kind of hard rain you'd expect from a monsoon. No, it's the persistent, terrifying biblical drizzle that I have seen raise rivers by metres in days, and, well, Ha Noi is not close to the ocean, but it's only about 25 metres above sea level, so really it is close to the ocean. Also Hà Nội means "inside the river" Oh, while I was uploading this comic the rain started again. . .

4 comments:

  1. ha ha...."don't worry about it...".

    That's my favourite part. I'm sure we find different parts of eachother's work hilarious, that's the part that cracks me up.

    Is that a Canadian version of Noah's arc? Man it must be raining a lot there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe you would at one of those frames, they are sort of absurd. I made myself laugh with it because the guy is offering to help even though his motorbike is clearly submerged beyond function, obviously he wants in on whatever I'm up to. Anyway yes it is raining like a bastard, though it has abated the sky threatens more later to take it way past 48 hours of rain. Also yes that was Tommy's Ark (Tommy Douglas), this made me laugh because I love Viet Nam so much, but if it ever came down to it, sorry guys, Canucks only, we gotta sail through customs and we're not taking any stowaways. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. hah..Tommy Douglas...is that a reference to the wonders of universal healthcare that we're reaping ? (when we're at home at least)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I'm totally behind on this one. But my fav is definitely the guy on the bike. It's someting about that hat and the fact that he doesn't say "where ARE you going?" but rather "Where you go?"
    Kath

    ReplyDelete