Friday, May 29, 2009

The Power of One




It's often underestimated, the power of one spring roll. It can be the straw that broke the camel's back. I was out at a squat stool streetside joint having dinner with an American buddy, Wade, and we were having spring rolls. I didn't worry about the fracture in my squat stool affecting its structural integrity until it was too late. I was putting a springroll in my mouth when the legs of the stool spread out like bambi on an icy lake. I just saw the earth move up really fast and all the Viets around me went into a tizzy, and my ass was on the floor. Even the lady making the springrolls was laughing. Wade laughed the hardest.

1 comment:

  1. If our regular blogs are meals, this one is dessert. Of course I make a food reference. I am fat, it's fucking true.

    ReplyDelete