Friday, June 5, 2009

Classic Oxford Activities: Rowing Part the First


In this new series of comics we explore the quaint traditions of the University of Oxford. Rowing is quite the thing there don't you know? This most gentlemanly sport shall be the subject of our first expose into life in the austere academic city of dreaming spires and sweater vests. In this installment we meet our commentators John Hammersmith and Sir Richard Boddington the III as they describe the sights and sounds of Oxford's favourite sporting activity. See you on the river bank!

5 comments:

  1. i may have broken with tradition on this one and used a pen....seemed to work out ok none-the-less...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I use pen for all mine, I don't have a pencil. let me publicly address how much more awesome your drawings are. I am clearly all about quantity, but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the more I read this comic the more I love it. The guys have such character. Their haircuts and ties are the inverse of each other, and of course the guy adorned with medals has a title. Are these actual guys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they probably are....wouldn't surprise me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now how many of the guys in that boat were in Beijing? I'm sadly disappointed I can't see their medals gleaming in all their penciled in glory.

    ReplyDelete